Children’s Minister Position Description
Born February 2015, the Episcopal Church of the Cross is a new people located in Western Travis County, grateful for the life God gives and the beautiful future the Lord has in store. We exist to connect people with God, one another, and the World; and to be ambassadors of God’s reconciliation, restoration, healing, and hope in our communities and neighborhoods.
Approximately 100 persons call Church of the Cross their home. The congregation currently gathers at the Serene Hills Elementary School in Lakeway on Sunday mornings, and is present as ministers of the Gospel throughout the week, wherever God places us.
We seek someone to walk with us, and ready to serve as our part-time Children’s Minister to help the children and families of the ECC and beyond grow in faithfulness and discipleship.
Overall Objective of the position:
Assist in the creation and growth of a vibrant and sustainable children’s ministry in a new congregation.
- Oversee setup of children’s ministry areas.
- Implement and oversee a Sunday morning teaching ministry for children in grades one through five.
- Engage with members of the congregation before and after worship.
- Raise up and train members of the congregation to assist with Children’s Ministry.
- Prepare and lead Sunday morning children’s teaching.
- Schedule and manage paid nursery staff.
- Oversee compliance with the Safeguarding ministries of the Episcopal Diocese of Texas.
- Meet regularly with the pastor.
Helpful Practices and Aptitudes:
- Regular, faithful, and personal disciplines of prayer, study, fellowship, and self-care are foundational to this ministry.
- An appreciation of the adventure of the Gospel is helpful for all serving in any new church, including Church of the Cross. We live the adventure, and we love the adventure!
- The ECC is three years old, and just getting started. The Children’s Minister at ECC understands that in helping to form the faith life of children and their households they are also helping form the faith life of the entire congregation.
- Compensation is competitive. Pay period is monthly.
- The Children’s Minister will undergo a background check and be certified in the Safeguarding God’s Children and Safeguarding God’s people ministries of the Episcopal Diocese of Texas.
- Work schedule outside of Sunday morning is flexible.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Paul Johnson, Vicar of Church of the Cross, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-695-2803.